[ExI] totalitarian techniques

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Nov 12 12:41:23 UTC 2021

.> On Behalf Of Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] totalitarian techniques

On 10/11/2021 22:20, Spike wrote:

>>.Use a legal system to limit any individual's power.  Use capitalism to
bring up everyone's wealth.

.

>.If you doubt that our existing systems fail us, just consider how they are
tackling climate change. Short answer: They aren't. We won't stop it, we'll
have to adapt to it. Probably very poorly. And guess who will suffer the
most  Ben

Ben, the problem is using the wrong tool for that job.  We shouldn't be
attempting to use a legal system to combat climate change.  We should be
using market forces to do that.  So far, markets haven't chosen that as a
high priority.