[ExI] Is quantum mechanics is deterministic or stochastic?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 18:42:49 UTC 2021

The defenders of quantum randomness make much about knocking down strawman
after strawman of limited hidden-variables.

They don't seem to be making any headway against superdeterminism: the idea
that all the variables are determined in advance.

There are those who dismiss superdeterminism, claiming it is "obviously"
incompatible with free will, which we observe that we have.  But there are
ways to have both (for instance: the variables are predetermined now, but
that which made the decisions - that which determined the variables - is
our free will).

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 8:07 AM BillK via extropy-chat <