[ExI] data coming

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Tue Oct 5 03:00:47 UTC 2021

On 2021-10-04 17:02, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:

> Ja, the FBI is looking for people selling them, not for people
> buying them, but one wouldn't want to buy them on the internet, for
> that would make a data trail.  The FBI doesn't want to go to court
> arguing that it is illegal to own a fake covid card when there isn't
> a law that says we need to have a covid shot.

There's also no law mandating Costco membership, say,
but a fake Costco card is still fraud.

> If the FBI did try such a case, they would lose, for the defendant
> could easily point out that the vaccines are not FDA approved, that
> nothing developed under Trump can be trusted,

A judge would instruct the jury to disregard that last bit,
and certainly not allow expert testimony on the Trump taint.

> that the vaccine card was needed for their job (etc.)

That too.  I don't think I've ever heard of a successful necessity
defense where there was no immediate danger of death or maiming.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org