[ExI] question not being asked in Alec Baldwin shooting

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 23:28:49 UTC 2021

Just tickling the back of my mind:  I read where having a record of having
been in a mental facility is worse than having a criminal history.  Try
getting a job, for instance.  Who would you be more likely to hire
(assuming both probabilities are non zero):  a criminal or one with a
mental illness?  No problem at all for me:  the mentally ill guy, assuming
he left with a diagnosis of 'in remission'.  Still, though not all that
safe:  the most likely reason for a return to the mental hospital is not
taking the pills.

It's a bad idea.  Reliability of diagnosis for severe mental disorders is
poor.  I sat in a group that was making diagnoses for the latest patients
to be admitted.  For one man the diagnosis ranged from psychotic to
normal!  I admit that that had to be a very rare event.  bill w

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 6:16 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <