[ExI] research into regrowth

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 20:54:27 UTC 2021

Here's one that really fascinates me.  There are creatures who can regrow
limbs, tails, or even heads.  (I don't know if I would like that last
option to be available to people, but I can think of many people who need
it desperately.  Just wipe the slate clean and start again.)  Of course I
have no idea how much money is spent on this research, but whatever it is
it could be more.  Then I see no reason why it could not be applied to
regrowing internal organs in situ - liver, heart, kidneys, whatever.  Big
brain tumor:  cut the whole lobe out and grow another one.

And whatever happened to the research in the cool chemical light lightning
bugs put out ?   bill w