[ExI] research into regrowth

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Sep 5 13:34:04 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] research into regrowth

>…Here's one that really fascinates me.  There are creatures who can regrow limbs, tails, or even heads…

We have that in a very limited sense, but so far it only works on some tissues such as knee cartilage.  Regardless of what organs we figure out how to regrow, we know for sure it starts with stem cells.  There is plenty of research going into stem cells.

>…And whatever happened to the research in the cool chemical light lightning bugs put out ?   bill w

We have that.  Those glow sticks in the emergency kit in the trunk of your car uses technology which was a spinoff of that branch of research.