[ExI] Running up against energy limits

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 02:21:25 UTC 2021

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 10:07 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> There is that.  But on the other hand… if one is currently in Kabul and
> the Taliban is coming door to door hunting Americans and their allies, and
> you are one of them… do you want to be armed to the teeth?  Or helpless as
> a lamb before the slaughter?
>

> I’ll taaaaake… guns for 500 please Alex.

I'll take getting out alive - with disguises, bribes, whatever it takes.
Shooting at the Taliban only makes me a priority target.  If I have the
guns, sell them.  If I have a companion who is determined to go Rambo on
them, get him going in a direction that will make for a convenient
distraction: he has already chosen to die, but perhaps his death can buy my
life.