[ExI] Running up against energy limits

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Sep 13 02:37:40 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Running up against energy limits

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 10:07 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>…… do you want to be armed to the teeth?  Or helpless as a lamb before the slaughter?

>…I’ll taaaaake… guns for 500 please Alex.

>…I'll take getting out alive - with disguises, bribes, whatever it takes.  Shooting at the Taliban only makes me a priority target.  If I have the guns, sell them.  If I have a companion who is determined to go Rambo on them, get him going in a direction that will make for a convenient distraction: he has already chosen to die, but perhaps his death can buy my life.  Adrian

Adrian, fortunately for you, in the USA, we have a militia who believe that perhaps our death will buy yours.

My solution is more direct: make sure the militia is sufficiently armed and trained that the Taliban’s death will buy both yours and our militia men.

At some point the safest course is to stand and fight.