[ExI] New Bioscience Company Raises $15 Million to Revive Woolly Mammoth

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 16:34:56 UTC 2021

As everyone else has already said “comprised of” is perfectly fine. It’s been used a long time, everyone knows what it means, and it is found in legitimate dictionaries everywhere.

English has a long tradition of verb+preposition meaning something different than simply the verb.

Example:

Break
Outbreak
Break out
Break in
Break up
Break down
Etc.

Breaking up with your boyfriend and breaking him are not even nearly the same, and compare that to breaking in or breaking out with him?

So yes, all burgers are “comprised of” something.

And besides that, why can’t we speak casually on an email list? Do we need to be formal and stuffy?

SR Ballard