[ExI] Facebook 2018 changes made users more divisive and angry

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Sep 30 16:41:21 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Darin Sunley via extropy-chat
…
Subject: Re: [ExI] Facebook 2018 changes made users more divisive and angry

>…The problem isn't that people were implicitly encouraged to reshare content.

>…The problem is that Republicans were implicitly encouraged to reshare content.

>…That has come to be seen as having been an unforgivable mistake, and the knives are out for Zuckerberg…

Oh, I meant the knives were out for Zuckerberg because he tried to buy his entire street in Palo Alto and turn it into a private compound.  That predated the current animosity centered on FaceBook.

Not everyone on that street wanted to sell their Palo Alto property, even for thrice its fair market value, and they didn’t want to find themselves living in the middle of a secured private FaceBook compound.

I didn’t understand that of course, for either of those two things would be just fine with me.  I would go either route, cheerfully, eagerly.  Mark Zuckerberg could buy every house on my street, or buy all of them around me and provide me free 24/7 security, sure, welcome to the neighborhood Mark.  I have no heartburn at all being the poor neighbor they look down on and toss hundred dollar bills into my hat out of pity for my grinding poverty, sure.

I don’t understand rich people.  Do you?