[ExI] Paul vs Eliezer

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:45:17 UTC 2022

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 2:05 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> (what is it with the garbage?  I am missing the joke)   bill w

All the great funny stuff aside, it is just illustrating how important it
is to distinguish between reality and knowledge of reality.
Taking out the garbage is something that needs to be done, but because of
our wiring it is hard to motivate ourselves to do it.

We are controlled by the puppet strings wired up by mother nature.
When we 'resist' temptation, we are fighting contradictory wirings, the
lessor of two evils.
But it would be far better to be able to cut these puppet string,
completely, and rewire them to be consistent with what we want to want.
That is true freedom.
Then it would be far easier to motivate ourselves to do what we want to
want, without needing to resist temptations to do otherwise.