[ExI] Predictive Model of Death

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 04:33:24 UTC 2022

On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 3:54 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <

> It should be noted that our main protection, so far, is that those who
> have acquired the knowledge of how to do this (in more detail than your
> list), also know that killing the world is not an effective way to achieve
> whatever ends they desire.

### Yes, indeed, since making deadly viruses still takes a lot of work,
knowledge and money, the kind of people who can make the viruses (i.e.
well-organized and well-funded) tend to be also uninterested in just
killing themselves and everybody else. But this may not be true in the
future, when viruses could be created with trivial effort by a lone
individual, which includes deranged and suicidal individuals, as in the
scenario I outlined.
--------------------

> 5. Inhale, drink, inject the pooled viruses on Sunday evening.
>>

> Or drop them in public water supplies, such as reservoirs with roads that
> any member of the public can drive along and park on, taking in the view
> without looking suspicious - long enough to toss something in, unobserved.

### Traveling the world while exhaling a thousand deadly viruses should
work better. If you release the viruses in one city only, there is a chance
that the bio-defence agencies might deploy thermonuclear weapons early
enough to prevent spread.
-------------------------------

> How can you be sure that some step of the software didn't secretly
> nanny-blab to the authorities on what you did, to let them come up with a
> cure shortly after you're dead?

### Yes, complete and worldwide surveillance of all assets capable of
generating viruses might be our only way of delaying this catastrophe.

I will be starting another thread about how we could actually defend
ourselves against it in the post-singularity future.
 -----------------------------------

>> These steps are so obvious I don't think I am doing anything dangerous by
>> outlining them.
>>

> I would rather say that these steps can be figured out by those capable of
> implementing them.  They are decidedly not obvious to many who can't -
> including, I dare say, most relevant government regulators and law
> enforcement, who might find these emails and ask questions.  They will
> forcefully disagree with "obvious", but are less likely to disagree with
> "can be easily figured out independently by those who could carry these
> steps out".

### If biohazard-suited enforcers with machine guns break down your door at
night and drag you away to indefinite detention and questioning, it might
be because you read this thread.

Readers beware!

Rafal