[ExI] carbs

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 21:23:15 UTC 2022

According to Susie Bonds, an apparently well-known nutritionist, the
following are myths:

1 - carbs are fattening; same calorie count as proteins per weight

2 - avoid fruit because of the sugar; the sugars are different from table
sugar and added sugars

3 - avoid anything white; mostly true, though for bread, pasta and rice but
don't shun potatoes onions, apples, milk, yogurt, bananas, cauliflower

4 - avoid wheat because of the gluten; only those who are allergic will
benefit from avoiding wheat

5 - avoid white sugar;  all sugars convert to glucose in the body

6 - don't eat carbs late in the day; no studies support this

I suspect that low carb diets work because people eat too many bad carbs;
i.e. we will tend to overeat carbs where we wouldn't with proteins.  Low
fat diets went out of style because of studies.  So - eat a balanced diet.
How retro.   bill w