[ExI] The Planck era: Imagining our infant universe

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 09:16:06 UTC 2022

On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 at 00:49, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

> 'Everything gotta be someplace'.  In searching for things I have viewed this as my mantra.  Wrong?   bill w

That's OK when you are looking for where she's hidden the TV remote.  :)

But at the quantum level you can only talk about probabilities.
Maybe it's a wave, maybe it's a particle, but "something" is around
here "somewhere".
See the double-slit experiment.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment>
Quote:
In modern physics, the double-slit experiment is a demonstration that
light and matter can display characteristics of both classically
defined waves and particles; moreover, it displays the fundamentally
probabilistic nature of quantum mechanical phenomena.