[ExI] Elon the Deathist

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 03:15:38 UTC 2022

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 10:51 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

>   I hope Elon Musk lives forever.

### In a recent interview he said he is against extreme longevity because
it could result in an ossification of the society due to old ideas not
dying, and would welcome his own death as a "relief".

I must say this is where I parted ways with Mr Musk. Using death as the
prime way of getting rid of old ideas does sound rather harsh to me. There
are interesting neuro-technical and socio-technical challenges that would
have to be solved in the Methuselah society to avoid ossification but I am
pretty damn sure we don't have to kill old folks just to get rid of their
boomer bullshit.

Rafal