[ExI] chinese fires, was:RE: book review

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Dec 1 21:12:29 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Will Steinberg via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] chinese fires, was:RE: book review

Spike, sorry but you're out of your element.

>…I'm MORE into conspiracy theories than you…

No way Jose!  I am waaaay conspiracier than thou!

>…I am more fringe than you.  I literally saw that Pelosi theory emerge on the forums it started on.

Forums?  The FBI report is a forum?

>…If you'd like to be convincing at least show sources, otherwise I will assume your source is a single bread-and-circus TV show segment…

Well, the FBI.  But no worries, you wanted sources, heeeeere ya go:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1548106/download

The FBI report says this:

… 10. At 2:31 a.m., San Francisco Police Department (“SFPD”) Officer Colby Wilmes responded to the Pelosi residence, California and knocked on the front door. When the door was opened, Pelosi and DEPAPE were both holding a hammer with one hand and DEPAPE had his other hand holding onto Pelosi’s forearm. Pelosi greeted the officers. The officers asked them what was going on. DEPAPE responded that everything was good. Officers then asked Pelosi and DEPAPE to drop the hammer.

11. DEPAPE pulled the hammer from Pelosi’s hand and swung the hammer, striking Pelosi in the head. Officers immediately went inside and were able to restrain DEPAPE. While officers were restraining DEPAPE, Pelosi appeared to be unconscious on the ground. Officers removed a cell phone, cash, clipper cards, and an unidentified card from DEPAPE’s right shorts pocket. DEPAPE provided officers his first and last name. After officers asked DEPAPE if he had an ID on him, DEPAPE said it might be in his backpack on the back porch and later stated his backpack was near the broken glass. When officers removed DEPAPE from Pelosi’s residence, police body worn camera footage showed a glass door that appeared to be laminated glass, broken near the door handle. San Francisco Police Department recovered zip ties in Pelosi’s bedroom and in the hallway near the front door of the Pelosi residence. In addition, law enforcement searched DEPAPE’s backpack at the Pelosi residence, and they found, among other things, a roll of tape, white rope, one hammer, one pair of rubber and cloth gloves, and a journal.

Will, I read this thing several times and it raised a lot of questions, which is perhaps why it spawned so many conspiracy theories, perhaps all of them simultaneous originals and all of them arising from this puzzling report.

For instance, … the officers “knocked on the front door.  When the door was opened…”

Who opened the door?  It doesn’t say, but kinda sounds like Pelosi, but that would require a hand.  He was at that moment in a life or death struggle against a sturdy-looking young man, who had both his hands in the act of clobbering the octogenarian.  The beleaguered octogenarian somehow had a hand free to open the door?  Was the door locked?  If not why not?  How did the struggling pair get over to the door?  Who was standing where when “the door opened”?  How did they get there?  Why did not the FBI just show us the video rather than write up this confusing report?  Does the video verify the local witness testimony which reported that the perp was wearing all black?  Were this stealth clothing?  If so, why the shorts?  Would not the white legs be visible?  Was the perp wearing a black hoodie with black… shorts?  Is that on the video?  Why is a multi-millionaire living in a home in a crime-infested city which can be physically entered by force using only a hammer?  What is that “Pelosi greeted the officers” bit?  How did he greet them?  Did he say something like “Good morning officers, this murderous freak broke into my home and is currently in the process of attempting to clobber me with this hammer in my right hand” or some other greeting?  What greeting?  Why not just show us the video?  Where is the video?  If Pelosi had said something like the above, would the FBI report contain the line the “officers asked them what was going on”?  Had Pelosi said the above, would not the FBI officers conclude that idle pleasantries were not appropriate if dealing with a murderous freak caught in the act of attempting to clobber the apparent homeowner with a hammer?

Will, do you see how all of these questions arise not from any other source besides the FBI’s own report?  I had no other sources, for I didn’t need them.  All these and a hundred other questions spontaneously arise like zombies from the cemetery at the apocalypse, and all the above were from three paragraphs of an eight page report.

That being said, I don’t understand how it is that gets to the status of conspiracy theory when it is merely a list of questions.  Are questions theories?  If so, what is the theory?  Is it possible to have a conspiracy theory without an actual… like… theory?  What is it called?  Do tell for I don’t know what that is.  What I see is a confusing report that could easily be cleared up with just 20 seconds of video, or failing that (why is that failing?) just a single frame showing where these guys were standing when “the door opened.”  Of course a single frame would spawn another obvious question: why did the local constables strike up idle conversation with these two when they appeared to be struggling for control of a lethal weapon?

The mind boggles.

But Will, perhaps that report does answer all your questions.  It doesn’t answer mine.