[ExI] commies vs marxists was: RE: chinese fires, was:RE: book review

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 20:23:57 UTC 2022

The problem, as I understand it, is that the word "woman" has also been
conflated into a bunch of social and cultural roles and expectations, which
trans women wish to fill; likewise for "man" and trans men.  Those who
medically transition perceive these roles - at least, certain ones they
identify with - as bound to their physical shape, thus their desire to
change their shape to match their self-image.  Whether or not their
perception is correct is technically irrelevant, though they did not come
to their conclusions without some evidence.

See for instance the continued debate about whether to include women in the
draft, and the until-a-few-years-ago ban on women in certain combat
operations jobs, for two examples from the US military.  There are plenty
of other examples of either outright prohibitions or substantial favoritism
against women or men; for instance, men have a harder time being a cute
waitress.  (Yes, there are some people for whom being able to serve in a
position like that is an important part of their self identity.  You are
not them; they decide for themselves and their own bodies, based on their
knowledge and values.)

It's about what they think a woman is and a man is.  It's never just about
the presence or absence of breasts and a vagina.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 11:05 AM Will Steinberg via extropy-chat <