[ExI] Twitter and free speech

Dave S snapbag at proton.me
Sat Dec 3 03:25:47 UTC 2022

Spike wrote:
>Dave you proposed doing something a lot differently, then suggested doing what Musk did, and what I would have had to do too. Other ideas?

Yes, ignoring the things I said that were different than what Musk has done, I had no other ideas. Like I said, I wouldn't have bought Twitter expecting a quick turnaround. I wouldn't claim I did it to promote free speech, then continue to suspend accounts not breaking laws and I'd reinstate accounts previously suspended that weren't breaking laws...without conducting polls, because free speech isn't a popularity contest. Advertisers are fleeing because they fear a shit show, and that's what Twitter has become.

-Dave