[ExI] pay to not play

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 21:58:07 UTC 2022

Elon is an idiot for getting himself into this mess buying it.  It is
VASTLY overvalued.  Its inflated value is in the ability to steer cultural
trends (i.e. as a propaganda tool by governments and large corporations
etc.) but the users don't see any of that value themselves.  Nobody
actually likes Twitter.  Its most diehard users often talk about how much
they hate it and call it "the hell site".  People just go there to argue
and be stupid for the most part.  Clear to anyone smart that it is a BAD
purchase.

Elon just bought it because he is addicted to Twitter himself and because
his big mouth got him to make a financial promise he couldn't break.  The
whole saga exemplified a lot of foolishness on his part.  Perhaps he can
monetize it but it's not going to be from a subscription model because
people don't like the site.  He will have to change it entirely.

On the other hand, people who think he is destroying Twitter are not smart
either, as they shout that kinda stuff ON TWITTER.   The site looks like it
will continue on the same path, losing money until it is overtaken by
something better, unless there are major innovations.  I think Elon is
capable of that stuff sometimes but he also huffs his own shit fumes too
hard and lacks commitment to his side projects.  I do like Tesla and
SpaceX, but that guy does need a slap in the face and to get told to shut
up sometimes.  It's not surprising he got dumped by his wives and
girlfriends so many times.  He truly is a manchild and his Twitter posts
are very cringe

On Mon, Dec 5, 2022, 4:48 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <