[ExI] what would any of us have done differently?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 00:15:16 UTC 2022

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 3:21 PM Will Steinberg via extropy-chat <

> Twitter is exactly identical to what it was except now Elon is pushing his
> cringe posts to my feed even though I don't follow him.
>
> NOTHING has changed, you are experiencing a delusion in that regard.

To be fair, a few things have changed...though not things that affect all
users.  For instance, moderation is down with a resulting measurable
increase in personal attacks and false (fraudulent, in many cases)
information posted, which has caused many advertisers to leave the site
(affecting the type of ads people now see), and the "verified" check mark
that some people used to rely on can now be simply purchased by just about
anyone and is thus no longer useful for its old role.

That said, you are mostly correct: not as much has changed as some people
are claiming.