[ExI] it gestures! chatgpt has arrived

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 15:52:54 UTC 2022

Give me an estimate:  nursing home companion bots, - How long will it take
before such things are cheap enough?

 One way would be to have the AI just available on a TV and not 'in
person'.  That way you could have dozens of AI channels so a patient can
surf various looks and personalities.
Having an actual look-alike person in the nursing home will be many decades
away because of cost - I reckon.

Some won't even know they are not real people.  Those who know might not
care.  Better an AI than nobody to talk to.

bill w

On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 9:21 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <