[ExI] it gestures! chatgpt has arrived

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Dec 21 16:15:51 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] it gestures! chatgpt has arrived

Give me an estimate:  nursing home companion bots, - How long will it take before such things are cheap enough?  Billw

We are there now, Billw.  The cost of the hardware is about what three days of nursing home care costs.  Monitors are cheap: a few hundred bucks, and nursing homes already have a lot of those in place.  If a patient is in a wheelchair, those can be set up with a carry-along chatbot monitor.  This software is exactly the kind of thing I saw in a divine supernatural prophetic vision, shortly after Alan Thompson already thought of it by natural means, and had it working.

I haven’t heard that Thompson has made this a commercial product, but clearly it is ready for making him buttloads of money.  If Dr. Thompson has a killer product like that but fails to seize the first-to-market advantage, I would question the institute of higher learning which judged him smart enough to hold the title of PhD.