[ExI] Could ChatGPT replace Google search?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Dec 22 15:00:52 UTC 2022

...> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat

<https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/21/technology/ai-chatgpt-google-search.html>

Quotes:
Google may be reluctant to deploy this new tech as a replacement for online search, however...
... it can generate false, toxic and biased information....

>...I think chatbots will enhance search, but they need significant improvements over the next few years before they become a reliable all-knowing oracle.  BillK

What if... the chatbot search engines get loose so that Google isn't deploying them?  How do the authorities gain control of the message then?