[ExI] Fwd: New article: EM Field Theory of Consciousness

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Jun 18 16:05:45 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Fwd: New article: EM Field Theory of Consciousness

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 1:51 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>>…One of these days, I'll figure out how to describe this simple concept, and everyone will finally get it.  Clearly, I haven't succeeded in describing this to anyone here, yet.

>…Is it not possible that at least some people here understand exactly what you are talking about and, based on the evidence, disagree?... Adrian

Another possibility Brent: there are people here who read about qualia and go immediately to a related question that the qualia discussions spawn (in my mind): is consciousness and perception substrate dependent?

If different people perceive red differently, clearly perception is a function of how the brain is constructed, which differs between people (and beasts.)

When I recognize differences in perception of a concept such as red, it causes me concern that perception is substrate dependent (dang, I hope not.)