[ExI] genetics

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:39:45 UTC 2022

Pigs are rated very high in IQ.  I took a pig brain out in grad school and
it resembled a smaller human brain with lots of convolutions.  They also,
like cats, are difficult to train.  I'd like to know if a video version of
PHotoshop was used to make that commercial where a cat fetches a stick from
a lake, digs a guy out of the snow, and so on.  If not, there must have
been a lot of training, esp. overcoming the cat's fear of water.  I did
read a story by a researcher who trained a dog.  It was watched by a cat,
who proceeded to do what the dog learned.  Observational learning:  said to
be 'monkey see, monkey do', but in fact monkeys do not learn well this
way.  So when the cat did, it was news.   bill w

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 9:54 AM BillK via extropy-chat <