[ExI] 27 psychedelics??

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Mar 19 00:23:08 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Will Steinberg via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] 27 psychedelics??

>…Well the thing is, I don't want to play chess when I'm tripping, lol.  Too much other stuff to think about.

>…Various people have tried it anecdotally to success, here's just one: https://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/chess-experience-with-psilocybin-mushrooms2 but I know friends who say microdoses improve their performance, as it obviously would to anyone who has taken a psychedelic.  Idk, it's not really possible to explain, but once you experience it, it will speak for itself.  Like I mentioned, cf. Mary the Color Scientist, how do I explain a qualitatively fully novel experience with no good words to describe it and connect back to the language most people understand?  I'm not trying to be an elitist, I'm just highly suggesting you at least try a psychedelic before you die, because it is a horrible travesty for someone intelligent to go through their entire lives without experiencing it.  That's how different and special the experience is, and I'm sure anyone here who is also experienced can vouch for me.

>…Here is a friendly bet with a positive expected value for you, Spike.  Take a small dose of psychedelics, and then if you can come back and truthfully tell me it ISN'T an experience that every intelligent person should try, I will send you 0.25 ETH.  If I win, you don't have to pay me anything. ;)

Thanks Will.  You know me well enough to not be surprised at my reply to that: I flatly refuse to do any such thing as this.  The usual no way Jose is an understatement.  I don’t cotton to it.  I shall risk the terrible tragedy of perishing without ever having the experience.

I went to your link and saw that the test is irrelevant, for players below 1000 really don’t understand the game well enough.  Even a series of them would have little statistical significance.

I can counter-propose an experiment however.  My rating bops around in the mid 1800s.  I would challenge some adventurous 18er to eat magic mushrooms or whatever else she wishes, then we begin a series of games as the medication takes effect, note the location of her butt initially, see if it ends up between her shoulder blades a coupla hours later.