[ExI] perception is reality - examples

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 23:20:38 UTC 2022

On Sat, 19 Mar 2022 at 20:53, Jason Resch via extropy-chat

> As an abstract object, those conscious observers in that other universe could say nothing of our universe's location, it's mass, or the masses if items inside it, velocities of things in our universe, durations of time, lengths of distances, etc. So in a sense, these physical properties are dependent on being directly perceived by beings within the universe. When the universe lacks shared first person plural perspectives, it becomes only an abstract object which at best can only be described mathematically as some static four dimensional structure.
>
> Jason

Well, our universe grew and existed for billions of years before life
appeared. It certainly possessed many varied physical properties
before there was a living observer. The universe had to develop and
change its physical properties in order to create an environment where
life could appear. It managed to do this just fine without a living
observer to perceive what it was doing.  :)

BillK