[ExI] Lux Aeterna

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 04:35:28 UTC 2022

In the beginning, there was no light. Particles and fields of gargantuan
energies swirled through the early universe, then cooled into a featureless
gas. A sleet of photons from the first titanic, hypergiant stars ionized
the now interstellar medium but still there was no light. Generations of
stars passed and created lifeless planets in the harsh radiation but there
was no light. Small creatures then evolved and detected data describing
their environment through their early eyes, connected to insensate brains
but there was still no light. All was indeterminate, neither bright nor
dim, under the photons of the Cambrian sun.

Then one million years or so, sufficiently aware creatures arose and made
light happen out of neural impulses. Then ever more complex data processing
evolved, bringing color, warmth, love and hatred into the world. And now we
are here. *We* paint the stars on the firmament every night. *We* make the
Sun shine by casting a glance at it. *We* paint the rose red!

Plato was wrong. We do not live in a cave, dimly perceiving shadows of
truth. It is us who imbue truth with meaning. *We* give sound to the
falling tree.

*We* are the true source of light!
--
Rafal Smigrodzki, MD-PhD