[ExI] gas prices

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 04:39:38 UTC 2022

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 11:07 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> Well… Telsa owners can always rent a dinosaur burner for the occasional
> long trip I suppose.  I am back to looking at a more modest rig like the
> Nissan leaf, an older kinda junky one that won’t cost much.  Their resale
> price drops dramatically after they are 6 or 7 years old, because the range
> and performance start to degrade noticeably.  But if one is hauling a
> generator, that wouldn’t matter as much.

 ### One thing that I just don't understand is why the Chevy Volt was a
failure. It is eminently more practical than a Tesla and cheaper and has
the built in generator right there. I guess it's too immoral for those who
buy Teslas for virtue signaling purposes and too expensive for regular
schmucks.

If you are in the market for an electric car you can also use on long trips
without wasting time on recharging, consider a used Volt.

Rafal