[ExI] ok this explains it

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon May 2 22:30:04 UTC 2022

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 1:39 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> OK so… what if… Twitter human content moderators exist.  What do they do,
> and how do they do it?  What criteria do they use to determine if they will
> override the moderation software?  If Musk makes his filtering algorithm
> public, then he wouldn’t need humans in the loop overriding the software,
> ja?  So… out they go adios amigo.

Nope.  The filtering practice can be considered cyborg: part algorithm,
part human.  Even if the algorithm part is open-sourced, it still kicks
back to humans to allow for review.  It's a first pass/front line to
greatly reduce human workloads (and respond, at least in extreme cases,
much faster than humans), but it does not entirely eliminate them.

That's how the filtering algorithms I have worked on functioned, and I have
no reason to believe that Twitter is any different.