[ExI] The irony of funding and non-funding transhumanism

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed May 4 19:35:20 UTC 2022

One moment I'm looking over a proposal for a H+ DAO, seeing all the signs
that it is hype and will not fund any actual new technology, though the
effort itself will likely achieve its requested funding.

The next moment I'm talking with some colleagues about an idea for a living
CubeSat - a demonstration of a created organism in space, actually intended
as a science project to advance the state of the art but perhaps justified
as an orbital garbage collector (something that can eat space debris) - and
noting it is unlikely to reach the attention of anyone who would actually
fund it.

What's a fellow to do?  Spike, anyone, any suggestions?