[ExI] Is Artificial Life Conscious?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu May 12 22:30:33 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Brent Allsop via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Is Artificial Life Conscious?

>…It is a necessary truth, that if you know something, that knowledge must be something.

And if you have knowledge that has a redness quality, there must be something in your brain that has that quality that is your conscious knowledge.

This is true if that stuff is some kind of "Material" or "electromagnetic field" "spiritual" or "functional" stuff, it remains a fact that your knowledge, composed of that, has a redness quality…

Hi Brent, if I understand it (I don’t necessarily) the qualia notion is another approach to the question “is consciousness substrate dependent?”

Answer: I don’t know.