[ExI] Is Artificial Life Conscious?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu May 12 22:33:36 UTC 2022

On Thu, May 12, 2022, 6:23 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <

> It is a necessary truth, that if you know something, that knowledge must
> be something.
> And if you have knowledge that has a redness quality, there must be
> something in your brain that has that quality that is your conscious
> knowledge.
> This is true if that stuff is some kind of "Material" or "electromagnetic
> field" "spiritual" or "functional" stuff, it remains a fact that your
> knowledge, composed of that, has a redness quality.

You know we can agree on a conversational level despite having exchanged
zero informational content,  right?

You seem to be accepting that my appreciation or understanding of ... well,
anything... is antithetical to every premise you have thus far attempted to
promote.

"Stuffness comes from fundamental stuff"
... is hardly a point of successful understanding.

You can walk a mile in my shoes, but all you can assert is how that feels
on your feet.  Maybe that's all you ever wanted.  Maybe that's all you'll
ever get.  Idk.