[ExI] Is Artificial Life Conscious?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Fri May 13 04:52:35 UTC 2022

Yes, I agree with that.  Just like there are a bunch of different things
that have a redness color, and a bunch of different things from any of
those which have a gereness color.
The sets will be completely disjoint, and nothing but the redness set will
have a redness quality.  A greeness property, or any other physical
property will be able to represent 'red' knowledge, but only if you have a
dictionary to allow such substrate independence.  That is how perception
and communication across any substrate works - it requires transducing
dictionaries to achieve the substrate independence.  Redness is just a
physical fact, and your redness is your definition of 'red'.

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 6:35 PM Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat <