[ExI] Where is the new space odyssey epic?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 18:52:18 UTC 2022

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022, 10:58 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Space shmace: there is mre than enough of everything down here and lower,
> if we somehow spawn centiproles, in which we live on the centimeter scale
> rather than the meter scale.  Most life on this planet does exist at that
> scale and smaller.  We are way up here at the big end of the spectrum.
> Think about it.

C'mon spike... once we get over the biological squishiness, space is only
big because of a limited view of time.

You want or need something at the center of the galaxy (like gravity or
extra stellar fuel, whatever) and don't want to experience wait times
getting there? Just notice 1 subjective clock tick per >1 objective
(universal?) clock tick.  You already had this idea with auto-autos...
commute time is less burdensome if you no longer need attention dedicated
to actual driving... i believe your alternate was amorous activity with
fellow passengers.  Space ships will likely have copies of everyone you've
ever cared to take with you,  so similar distractions apply. The barrier to
everyone having copies of everyone else is a matter of social custom/taboo,
literal laws (officiated taboos), and zero-sum energy requirements.   I'd
suggest with the rest of the spacetime to fuel reality creation that we
might find new energy too, but you drew a line at hard scifi... so we'll
defer that thread until one of us is a successful black hole farmer juicing
yesterday's mass for tomorrow's energy.  Is there a physics level analog
for biology's Krebs cycle?  Gotta be, right?