[ExI] Where is the new space odyssey epic?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Nov 29 21:40:56 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty via extropy-chat
…

>…C'mon spike... once we get over the biological squishiness, space is only big because of a limited view of time.

>…You want or need something at the center of the galaxy (like gravity or extra stellar fuel, whatever) and don't want to experience wait times getting there? … Mike

Mike perhaps you will recall my notion of creating an interstellar “spacecraft” of sorts by using a Matriosha Brain which redirects most of the emitted energy from a star in one direction, thus gently accelerating the star in the other direction.  I can reiterate the whole wacky scheme if you wish, but it is hard sci-fi: all of it works out and can be shown with equations.

It is slow: it takes about 15 million years to haul our star to the distance of what is currently the nearest neighboring star.  But hey, we can go about our regular business while we are in transit.