[ExI] book review

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Nov 30 06:05:49 UTC 2022

> On Behalf Of Giulio Prisco via extropy-chat

>…I thought I would love a society of equals where everyone strived selflessly toward common goals…

A capitalist society is like that in a way, but the opposite in a way.  It is a society of unequals where everyone strives selfully toward common goals.

The difference between that and Marxism is that capitalism succeeds.  Everyone doesn’t end up poor and hungry.  Granted some do.  We do what we can for that fraction of them.  Overall, some do well, most do acceptably.