[ExI] book review

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 05:27:57 UTC 2022

"The Serengeti Rules" is on my reading list, I hope to read it soon. Must
finish other books first.

Re Marx and Marxism, pasting from my spaceflight book:

...So I decided to become a communist.

I studied communism intensely. I thought I would love a society of equals
where everyone strived selflessly toward common goals, but something told
me that the real world is more complicated than books.

I think healthy societies could be based on different economic and
political systems, including capitalism and communism. In theory. But in
practice, “Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just
the opposite.” My interpretation of this quote (often attributed to John
Kenneth Galbraith) is that many economic and political systems, which could
work in theory, don’t work in practice due to our human nature...

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 11:35 PM Max More via extropy-chat <