[ExI] Cruise robot taxis in San Francisco

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 21:03:57 UTC 2022

On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 at 21:49, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

> The volume of pedestrian traffic is not nearly high enough to bring car traffic to a standstill by itself.  Also, jaywalking is still illegal; if pedestrians get abusive about this, severely inconveniencing people who have the police chief's ear, expect arrests until the problem goes back down.

I was just thinking that!  :)
On one of my tours of USA we were in Houston to visit the Space Center
and I left the hotel early on a Sunday morning to see if anywhere was
open for breakfast. The roads were empty, so I just strolled across
like we do in London. There was a load shout and this huge Texas cop
called me over to explain emphatically about the Walk, Don't Walk
signals. I thought I was going to be arrested, but I guess my accent
and debonair charm got me off with a caution!  :)

BillK