[ExI] Cruise robot taxis in San Francisco

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Oct 1 21:33:43 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

>...I just strolled across like we do in London. There was a load shout and
this huge Texas cop called me over to explain emphatically about the Walk,
Don't Walk signals. ...BillK

BillK, I will point out the obvious since it isn't clear you realized it:
Texas is a second amendment state.  Plenty of people are concealed carrying
there, which means they don't have a lotta crime, which means the local
authorities have little do besides enforce jaywalking and occasionally
collecting of the corpse when some feller catches the jerk down the street
bird dogging his chick.

Texas people treat each other with respect.  I love Texas.  You started with
leaving the hotel looking for breakfast.  I already know how that turned
out: you had a most excellent meal, ja?  They don't know how to make bad
food in that state.  It never occurred to them to try making bad food.  I
love Texas.

Don't go there to do crime however.  It just doesn't pay there.