[ExI] Cruise robot taxis in San Francisco

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Oct 2 23:49:47 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

>>.Also, jaywalking is still illegal; if pedestrians get abusive about this,
severely inconveniencing people who have the police chief's ear, expect
arrests until the problem goes back down.. Adrian

>.Adrian you have far more faith than I do in the legal system.  In a time
when San Francisco is still trying to decide if shoplifting is still
illegal, it isn't clear to me they will care about jaywalking. spike

Yesterday when I was writing on this topic, I knew nothing of this headline
that just appeared minutes ago:

I am truly puzzled with regard to what jaywalking has to do with racial
profiling, but hey. California.

Aside: by linking jaywalking to racial profiling (by whatever mysterious
line of reasoning) it makes it forever.  At no point in the future have they
any means of making jaywalking punishable, for this has already been
identified as racism.  Making it a misdemeanor means the functional
equivalent of perfectly legal.  San Francisco has just surrendered forever
its pedestrian traffic law.