[ExI] elon on twitter

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 17:12:38 UTC 2022

That's my point. Twitter's moderation already is and has been extensively
automated. The previous management did have software written, extensive
amounts of bleed-ing edge text analysis software, to do that job. And it
does it well.

Not that they'd want it made public. Human moderators serving as the face
of the software can tailor their presentation to be more palatable to the
public. Source code, inconveniently, tends to speak for itself

Libertarianism, unfortunately, is as intrinsically political in one
direction as "censorship is awesome as long as it's the good guys doing it"
is in the other. Power may flow from the barrel of a gun ultimately, but
downstream of that, it flows from control of communication. It is
/absolutely/ partisan, indeed even counterrevolutionary, to let everyone
have their say. At least where any significant number of people can hear
them. And that's where shadowbanning comes in.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 11:01 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <