[ExI] Ukrainian astronomers systematically studying UFOs over warzone

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 15:26:35 UTC 2022

On Sat, 17 Sept 2022 at 14:36, Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat

<snip>

> Another possibility is that UFOs are, as you say, academics but coming
> from some manner of secret base located right here in the solar
> system, like a blind used by wild-life photographers here on Earth.
> That they are scientists or academics would also explain their
> reticence to interact directly with humans. After all, David
> Attenborough would never directly intervene in chimpanzee politics by
> wrestling the alpha male, for example.
>
> Perhaps they are coming from a blind spot, like the Earth-Sun L3
> Lagrange point. Have we ever sent to probe to see what, if anything,
> might be there?
>
> Stuart LaForge

I don't think any probes have been sent to L3.
L1, L2, L4 and L5 seem to have plenty of occupants.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_objects_at_Lagrange_points>
The sun is between L3 and the Earth, so telescopes can't look there.
Radio communication would also be difficult.
Maybe it would need a relay satellite at L4 or L5.

BillK