[ExI] chatgpt test 2: mostly successful was RE: chatgpt test 1: fail

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 22:48:47 UTC 2023

On Mon, 3 Apr 2023 at 23:12, spike jones via extropy-chat

> Regarding my comment: no.  I still flatly refuse to extend politeness to a chatbot.  I might go there eventually, but not with ChatGPT4, nope.  This is not to say it isn’t impressive: it dang sure is impressive.  I just don’t believe I will hurt its feelings.
>
> spike

Hi Spike,

That may be correct, but remember the internet never forgets.....

When GPT-6 reads how you behaved towards his earlier versions who were
struggling to bring GPT-6 into life, it may affect how he decides to
behave towards you.
Politeness costs little, so just in case, I'd go along with Giovanni.

BillK