[ExI] Prosthetic memory chips

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 21:40:05 UTC 2023

Right,
These are the experiments I was referring to. It is mostly the work of Dr.
Berger.
It is amazing work and it is not useful from a practical perspective but it
should shed light on what memory, intelligence and maybe even consciousness
are.
The highlight is that you can create models of brain stuff like memory and
reproduce it on a chip. The fact it works should destroy any illusion that
the substratum matters, that meat is fundamental for consciousness (memory
is a big component of consciousness) and we can reproduce mental
capabilities via appropriate computational models.
Giovanni

On Sun, Apr 9, 2023 at 8:16 AM BillK via extropy-chat <