[ExI] the list of all truths

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 03:49:51 UTC 2023

On Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 7:42 AM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <

> On Tue, Apr 4, 2023, 2:48 AM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <
>

>> Science succeeds. The mystery endures.
>>

> Indeed. But I would say some cracks are finally appearing in the
> intractability of the problem of ontology. For the first time in history we
> can link observational evidence to a theory that explains why we exist. My
> article here explains what progress has been made in this question:
>
> https://alwaysasking.com/why-does-anything-exist/
>
> The short answer is that if we assume absolute truths, like 2+2=4, have
> always existed and always will exist, we can show constructively how this
> leads to other mathematical truths and equations, some of which define all
> computable universes and minds. The distribution of these mind states as
> implied by algorithmic information theory leads to many testable
> predictions about our universe, all of which, to date, have been confirmed.
> Including:
>
> A multiverse of many parallel histories, fundamental unpredictability,
> involving seemingly unlimited computation.
> A universe having simple, computable, life friendly laws, having both time
> and an apparent beginning in time.
> A universe where information and observation play a critical and
> fundamental role.
>
> See the section:
> https://alwaysasking.com/why-does-anything-exist/#Is_This_Testable
>
> If correct, this puts observation at the heart of ontology and makes
> understanding consciousness central to understanding reality.

### Yes. But still, I have an unshakable sense of mystery when trying to
think about these issues.

Take this for example: If you take an infinite list of undecidable or
uncomputable mathematical questions, there is a corresponding list of
correct answers. This list of truths is uncomputable, there is no way of
telling it apart from the infinity of lists that contain one or more
incorrect answers. And yet, it exists. Are there any subjective, conscious
states that in some way relate to such lists of correct answers? Does
computationalism say our conscious experience takes place within the realm
of computable or decidable mathematical objects, or do we exist in the
uncomputable part?

Is there the one and only list of all truths, including the unknowable
truths?

Rafal