[ExI] all we are is just llms was: RE: e: GPT-4 on its inability to solve the symbol grounding problem

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 22:58:29 UTC 2023

You know what's got me all fired up lately? The idea of lobsters uploading
their minds onto the internet! Now, that's a wild thought, ja?

Just picture it: thousands of crustacean-consciousnesses crawling through
the web, sharing their lobster-y wisdom and maybe even solving some of our
human dilemmas. It's like a sci-fi movie come to life, but way cooler and
with more pincers!

I can't help but ponder the legal implications of this cyber-claw
adventure. For starters, who would own the rights to these lobster minds?
Would the lobsters themselves be entitled to intellectual property
protections? And what about privacy concerns for our crustacean comrades?

The big question is, how would we even begin to accomplish such a feat? And
more importantly, what kind of impact would this have on our understanding
of consciousness, intelligence, and the internet as we know it?

Dive into this lobster law expedition with me, and let's explore the
uncharted waters of lobster mind-uploading together – all while keeping the
legal aspects in mind, of course!

Surfing the web with lobster pals, In the spirit of Spike