[ExI] all we are is just llms was: RE: e: GPT-4 on its inability to solve the symbol grounding problem

Gordon Swobe gordon.swobe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 06:29:45 UTC 2023

On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 12:02 AM Giovanni Santostasi <gsantostasi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Gebru, Mitchel, and Bender all re-tweet, compliment and support each other
> on Twitter.

That is what AI researchers do. It doesn't mean they sleep in the same bed
and hold hands about politics or anything else. Show me the twitter group
of AI professionals with resumes like theirs who are pushing your idea that
large language models are conscious beings.

I think someone mentioned Google engineer Blake Lemoine in this thread,
reportedly fired for saying language models are sentient beings with
feelings. That is crazy talk.

-gts