[ExI] all we are is just llms was: RE: e: GPT-4 on its inability to solve the symbol grounding problem

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 06:31:35 UTC 2023

Gordon,
I'm actually glad you let us know about Bender and her friends because it
is important to know these enemies of transhumanism. I think they are
basically inconsequential but we need to keep an eye open for what they do.
Gerber was a leading member of the AI ethics team at Google (before she was
fired for misconduct) and while it is important to think about AI from an
ethical point of view for sure I don't want her type of agenda used to
create AI ethical guidelines. Some of the topics she is interested in, like
diversity in tech are important and we do need more diversity but to
support her valid interest she goes to the opposite extreme of identifying
people like us as the enemy which is absurd (because transhumanism is very
inclusive by nature given we care about all possible sentient beings,
biological or otherwise).
Giovanni