[ExI] all we are is just llms was: RE: e: GPT-4 on its inability to solve the symbol grounding problem

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Fri Apr 21 10:11:42 UTC 2023

On Thu, 20 Apr 2023, Giovanni Santostasi via extropy-chat wrote:

> (something about how conventional linguist theories are shown to be garbage by LLMs understanding language) but now I know it is
> deeper hate than that.

Could this "hate" be a sign that some level of consciousness has been
achieved? After all, I don't "hate" the rock, I hate the man who threw
it.

Maybe some people with a deep seated belief of the uniqueness of the
human soul and spirit feel at an unconscious level, that they are being
threatened and that is where the emotion springs from.

Best regards,
Daniel